Tuesday, January 1, 2008

we're here!







Mexico city is super modern. Sure, there's graffiti and slums but there are those in all big cities. Ash and I are really sheltered so far, though - the missionaries we're staying with right now have a very nice apartment (and we have one next to them for 3 nights) in a Jewish section of town. We walked around the corner and bought groceries at the Walmart-owned (very nice, Western-European styled) grocery store - the workers all wear collared shirts, the men wear ties, and the managers wear suit jackets. If they need anything they walk to the microphone by the door and call someone. Everything was clean and they had all the American brands (well, most - definately more than I'd expected), plus the delightful European perks of an amazing cheese selection and fresh bakery breads. Ashley and I made a really great fajita meal with lots of leftovers. If anyone's hungry, just drop by. (Pics and more news to follow soon). Buenos noches, Amigos!

No comments: