We watched “Soy Leyanda” (I Am Legend) Sunday night. All the Bob Marley themes have me missing Tanya really bad. I wanna make coffee and tease the customers. I also watched some of “Friends” for the first time – my roomie brought the first season with her. Hah. I finally know
what everyone was talking about, and figured out some connections a certain acquaintance made with coffee shops. Weird when you start figuring out what makes people tick.
The metro isn’t really that bad, and I’ve been in love with public transportation since Moscow. At night, during “rush hour,” when the trains are crowded, the front 3-4 cars are reserved for women and children, so we don’t have to worry as much about being felt down while
smashed like sardines. The veteran Americans here have given us a lot of good advice, and we never go anywhere alone. We
live in a safe part of town, and watch each other’s backs. Mexico City really is the secret of Mexico – I had no idea how classy it could be. Sure, the kidnappings really do take place, but safety can become a habit. We try to switch up our routes home every once in a while. We’re saving a lot of money cooking at home, so we don’t have to go to the ATM all the time, and we can leave valuables and home and carry the minimal change and passport copies.

My language acquisition is horribly slow. I listen and usually catch the drift through guessing and context, but Ashley’s my security blanket – I freak out if I’m asked a question and don’t know what it was or how to answer. The barista at Starbucks (yeah, we found one nearby! J) was irritated with me when I couldn’t tell him if I wanted anything else, but he didn’t sabotage my drink, so we’re cool.
My language acquisition is horribly slow. I listen and usually catch the drift through guessing and context, but Ashley’s my security blanket – I freak out if I’m asked a question and don’t know what it was or how to answer. The barista at Starbucks (yeah, we found one nearby! J) was irritated with me when I couldn’t tell him if I wanted anything else, but he didn’t sabotage my drink, so we’re cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment