Monday, October 25, 2010
Saving Energy for Happiness
"I could hear myself say in a lazy voice, 'I believe they all experienced happiness more than we do. Even Emma, who never made love. Because happiness comes only when you can experience things deeply. And she experienced so much that it was shining in her eyes. I could see that. We only bum around in the world, talking about where we'll go tomorrow or what we did yesterday... Once in a while, when we get drunk or make love, it seems to us for a moment that right then we should stop, because we are really experiencing something. Maybe we live as we do because we are saving our energy for happiness, making sure that when it comes it will last. But Emma did not save it.'" - Milan, in "Year of the Frog" by Martin Simecka
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment